We’re excited to welcome back best-selling author, pharmacist, and health motivator, Dr. Earl Mindell, for some listener Q&A! Check out this quick follow-up to hear Dr. Mindell’s answers to these questions:
- Our family avoids dairy, so we usually buy almond milk, but I hear there are certain things to avoid in milk substitutes. What should we look for when purchasing and what brands do you recommend that are the cleanest?
- Our family struggles with seasonal allergies. You mentioned an air purifier, what else can we do to help naturally remedy these without medications? I don’t think my kids are going to love those horseradish tablets!
- You mentioned sea salt has great trace minerals. What are some other foods that contain trace minerals?
- You talked about the importance of reading food labels and looking for particular ingredients. It seems like most of the time when I read an ingredients list, there are certain ingredients that I can’t even pronounce. How do you know what you’re supposed to be looking for? How can people educate themselves on what’s good and what isn’t?
- Let’s revisit the Twinkie-Ding Dong-Donut-Pizza-Prozac-Pepsi diet for a moment. How did we get here?