Today, our guest is board-certified gastroenterologist Dr. Rajiv K. Sharma, MD. Amy and Dr. Benzinger sit down with Dr. Sharma to discuss his book, Pursuit of Gut Happiness, a guide for using probiotics to achieve optimal health including why Dr. Sharma decided to use half of his book for recipes.
Some of the topics they discuss include:
- A broad overview of how gut flora benefits the gastrointestinal system
- The biggest factors that contribute to gut dysbiosis (an imbalance of bacteria in the gut flora)
- Why Dr. Sharma drinks a cup of kefir most mornings.
- How Dr. Sharma came to the conclusion that Leaky Gut Syndrome is a real condition, and how it can affect the body
- And finally, what does Dr. Sharma mean when he says, “you are what you eat, and you eat what you are”?
Follow us on Facebook and watch for a chance to win a copy of the newest edition of The Pursuit of Gut Happiness!