In part 2 of our dietary discussion with Jodi Smith, Amy and Dr. B. join Jodi to discuss nutrients, dietary trends, and how to form long-term healthy eating habits. Topics discussed include:
· Why a keto diet can reduce the likelihood of heart disease for some people and increase it for others, and why the idea that keto is a good diet for everyone that’s obese is probably not true.
· Best practices and tools for making sure your diet is giving you essential nutrients that you need to function.
· Why Jodi won’t even see clients until they complete a written 3-day diet diary.
· Why certain body types do better on some diets and exercises than others.
· Why many of the current dietary trends are shaped by vilification of grains.
· Why it’s important to be mindful of overindulgence when you give yourself a chance to eat not so healthy things once in a while.
You can find recipes, videos, dietary education, and more about Jodi on her website, plateology.com.