Welcome back to part 2 of our talk with Humarian’s newest team member, veterinarian Dr. Julie Towle. In today’s discussion, Amy and Dr. Benzinger talk to Dr. Towle about probiotics and pets. Here are just a few of the topics discussed:
- Why are there so many new pet products out now talking about prebiotics and probiotics?
- Probiotics can have a huge impact on the immune system for dogs and cats.
- Research for probiotics in animals is ramping up in veterinary medicine.
- What percentages of our pets are dying to cancer?
- People in the United States are conditioned to say, “give me a pill” to fix whatever health issue they’re having, and most typically do the same for their pets.
- Besides pets on antibiotics, when would Dr. Towle recommend probiotics for dogs and cats?
- How should a pet owner start a conversation about probiotics with their veterinarian? What if their vet is skeptical?
If you missed our first podcast with Dr. Towle, it’s well worth a listen. Thanks for listening to the Humarian Health podcast where we’re spilling our guts for the wellbeing of yours! Check out the Humarian Health podcast on iTunes or Google Play.